Welcome to our Pupil Parliament page, the following is a message from our Pupil Parliament:-
Our Pupil Parliament is made up from children from Year 2 – Year 6. We had to campaign to our classmates to be elected and everyone voted in special booths like they do in the real elections. We have elected to join different committees and meet regularly to discuss ideas and share information. During these sessions we make decisions about projects and bring feedback from our class. We also try to help our community and try ideas out to make our school a better and safer place.
After the meeting we write minutes so we remember the decisions we have made.
To be a good member of parliament you must be a good listener, be fair and approachable.
Our past achievements include raising money to buy a playground equipment box full of toys so we have things to do when we are playing and we decide which toys to buy. We also decided how to decorate our Buddy bench and also volunteer with East Durham Homes when they do litter picks around our village.
We tell the school about our events and successes in school assembly and on our South Hetton Herald newspaper and website blog.
Parliament is now open…
Our Queen opened parliament with these words… My Lords and members of the House of Commons. My newly formed government has outlined 10 top priorities to make sure South Hetton Primary School, our school, is safe, happy, prosperous and filled with hard working and respectful people who demand high standards in everything we do and care for our community and country.
- For all who work and play here, my ministers will spread words of praise and encouragement to become more independent. Everyone in this parliament can become better at what they do and everyone can be successful at something.
- My government will always make sure we celebrate good things that happen to us and also be happy for people. We will enjoy difference and be tolerant towards others inside and outside of school.
- My government will be secure that everyone is safe from cyber bullying, unkind words and fighting. That all citizens understand that we keep our feet and hands to ourselves and always respect others and their property.
- My ministers will use their knowledge and listening skills to talk with all the other pupil members of parliament and decide democratically which fund raising events to hold to help those who are sick, in trouble or not as fortunate as us.
- My ministers will always make sure that good half term rewards are given to those citizens who follow our values and rules. People who go against our rules accept the consequences and learn from their red cards and blue slips
- My Government will continue to work with their Lords to make sure their books are beautiful, they listen to verbal feedback, edit in green pen and their work is always improving. They will engage with catch up and intervention and always want to work hard.
- My Lords will make sure that children are safe from harm. always listen and are treated fairly.
- My Ministers will strengthen the community by making sure we join in with community events, support other businesses, the church, Parish Council and community centre. They will care for South Hetton and keep it free from litter and a nice place to live.
- My Government will come up with new ways to raise money so we can have nice playground equipment, fantastic trips, interesting visitors and make our school, field and yard are the best ever to play on.
- My Government will always make sure everyone who comes here is proud to be here and anyone who visits is looked after and leaves knowing that South Hetton is the best school in Durham. For aFor
Our Pupil Members of Parliament (PMP) will join committees with staff to support. The committees are:
- Values – Mrs Griffiths
- Make a Difference – Mrs Ryall
- Sports – Mr Ruddick
- Behaviour and Rewards – Miss Peel
- Eco – Mrs Merritt
Pupil Parliament Information