Welcome to our Make a Difference Committee page. This committee is led by Mrs Ryall and will be looking at how we, as a school, can make a difference in our local community.
Our Make a Difference Committee had a great time during Children in Need helping the school to raise lots of money. We dressed up in spots and bright colours on Friday and took part in a Pudsey colouring challenge with a winner being chosen from each class.
Our project for December is a reverse advent calendar, with each class taking part in the weeks running up to Christmas. The children will be helping to stock our local food bank in East Durham to help those who are not as fortunate as ourselves.
We are asking children to bring in 1 item each day for week that can be used to stock the food bank. Items must be tinned or dried nothing chilled or fresh, and preferably in small packets.
The food bank is in desperate need of:
- Tinned soups, meat, fish, fruit and vegetables
- Rice and pasta
- Toiletries including toilet rolls, nappies, shower gel etc.
- Teabags and instant coffee
- Baby food
- Longlife milk
Each class will take part during a specific week in the run up to Christmas:
- Week beginning 27th November – Nursery and Reception
- Week beginning 4th December – Year 1 and Year 2
- Week beginning 11th December – Year 3 and Year 4
- Week beginning 18th December – Year 5 and Year 6
More details below:
Reverse Advent Calendar
After the huge success of the reverse advent calendar, our Make a Difference committee are busy planning their next project. We will soon have an update on our defibrillator and our Go Givers challenge.