Mrs Hill is our school SENCo and is happy to discuss any concerns that you may have about the additional needs of your child. There may be instances where the additional support or input from an external agency is required and, at South Hetton Primary School, we consult with a wide range of agencies and partnerships to ensure the pastoral, medical and social needs of SEND children are met. You may also find it helpful to contact the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) who can provide independent guidance, support and advice.
We are committed to working with parents/carers and children to identify and support the needs of individuals. We encourage open discussions with the class teacher and/or the school SENCo and have an ‘open door’ policy, welcoming families into school to discuss any issues, queries or concerns that they may have.
The school has developed good links with external agencies, including but not limited to:
· Local Authority Special Educational Needs Team
· Collaborative working through Durham Communities of Learning
· One Point
· School Nurse
· Educational Psychology services
· Autism and Social Communication Team
· Speech and Language therapist
· Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy
· Social Workers
· Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHs)
· Behaviour Intervention and Crisis Response Team
· Looked After Children Team
· Cognition and Learning Team
· Specialist Health Services as required
It is important to us that we provide our pupils with the highest level of support possible. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please don’t hesitate to contact the school to arrange an appointment.